Trend Alert: Tribal Print
If you’re feeling bored of colorblocking, here’s a new trend to get you excited: tribal print.
Inspired by Native American influences, this print is a perfect summer choice with its bright colors and geometric shapes. With a hint of southwestern flair (also a popular trend now — see Who What Wear’s post or my outfit, Sierra on the Horizon), these pieces and accessories will surely add some major flair to your wardrobe!
(JAK & JIL)
I like pairing the print with brown leather accessories — think warm, cognac-like colors — and jewelry that’s a little duller, like bronze or brushed metals. A tribal-print top goes great with denim cutoffs and strappy leather sandals, while a dress can be perfectly accented with a collar necklace and short ankle boots. And as with all prints this season, don’t be afraid to mix and match!
For great tribal finds, Forever 21 and Urban Outfitters both have a large selection of inexpensive items!
- Stolen Girlfiends Club Cotton Babydoll Tribal Dress — $241.25
- Forever 21 Abstract Print Skirt — $13.80
- Blu Moon Cape Cool Top in Brown Tribal — $94
- Urban Outfitters Ecote Crepe Hankerchief Dress — $69
- Line & Dot Tribal Maxi Dress — $118
- Forever 21 Oversized Tribal Top — $14.80
- Urban Outfitters Ecote Woven Ikat Short — $49
- Forever 21 Tribal Open Cardigan — $19.80
- Forever 21 Linen Blend Tribal Stripes Short — $15.80
- Urban Outfitters Navajo Bracelet — $8
- Urban Outfitters Leather Navaho Cuff Bracelet — $18
- House of Harlow Navy Aztec Bangle — $80
- Aimee Lynn ‘Tribal’ Wrap Bracelet in Natural — $8
- Aimee Lynn ‘Tribal’ Wrap Bracelet in Blue — $8
- Urban Outfitters Ecote Beaded Pouch — $38
- Marley B Parker Shield Ring in Antique Silver — $30
- Urban Outfitters Tribal Wrap Watch — $34
- Urban Outfitters Bing Bang Hopi Sun Face Post Earring — $55
- Urban Outfitters Ecote Baja Blanket Backpack — $69